From The Desk of Tom Steelman
Money issues can be challenging. Relationships can be, too.
Bring them together, and you’ve created one of life’s most potent minefields. The good news is that there’s a map to this minefield. The less-than-good news is that everyone’s map is different.
You must create your own map.
That map is often a financial plan. A thoughtful financial plan — or more accurately, the act of planning — can strengthen your relationships in a variety of ways:
- Encouraging you to ask (and answer) tough questions, including some of the big ones about your hopes and dreams.
- Compelling you to identify and plan to overcome hurdles between your current state and your goals.
- Aligning your and your spouse’s shared goals, as well as the strategies and tactics that will help you achieve them.
- Developing a system for communicating about money.
- Giving you the confidence and comfort that you are on the right path for you.
The hope is that all of this comes together to clarify the most important things in your life… and how your money can be a force for good so you can continue enjoying and sharing those important things with those you love.
That’s not just what we do at Helmstar, it’s our entire reason for getting into business the first place.
After all, wealth isn’t about money. It’s about creating the life — and relationships — you want.